Protect yourself with your ICQ password!
When you register with ICQ, you are asked to create a password. It's the key to using your ICQ number. Select a random password that can't be guessed, and
choose strings of letters (upper and lower case) and numbers.
|Keep your ICQ password safe! Never tell anyone your password.
Be cautious of someone claiming to be associated with ICQ who asks for your password.
The ICQ staff will NEVER ask for your password. Your password should include a combination of letters and numbers.
In this section we help you:
Security experts advise that users change passwords regularly as a standard security precaution. To change your ICQ Lite
password is simple! Just follow the steps below:
- Click -> Preferences & Security under Security -> Password
- Enter your old password in the Type Your Current Password field.
- Enter your new password in the Type Your New Password field.
- Add the same password into the Retype New Password field and click Apply.
- Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window, the Apply button to save your settings, or click Cancel to exit the dialog without saving changes.
Make sure to protect your password! Whoever knows it has the key to your ICQ account. Never reveal it to anyone, including people claiming to be associated with ICQ. The ICQ staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Since it's important that you remember your password, we recommend you write it down and keep it in a safe place.
If you've forgotten or misplaced your password, click here and remember what it was with ICQ's Web-based password retrieval service.